Hello Again!

Guess who!? 
After ANOTHER hiatus I am jumping back into the blogging game :)

     My blogging adventure has undergone many different chapters in my evolution as an educator; from my exploration as an education student (in my previous blog, Miss L's Whole Brain Teaching), to getting my first teaching position and sharing the adventures of our classroom, to starting my Masters and sharing my learning, to now.... a M.Ed graduate and mommy to two!  Here are some snapshots of the amazing milestones I've experienced since my last posts earlier this year:
kirsten thompson, ste rose school, MissLwbt, manitoba teacher, brandon university master of education
Master of Education - Curriculum & Pedagogy
Brandon University Spring 2018 Convocation
Kirsten Thompson, ste rose school, manitoba teacher, MissLwbt, Manitoba association for computing educators, ManACE
ManACE 2018 Educator of the Year Award
kirsten thompson, ste rose school, MissLwbt, manitoba teacher, manitoba photography, sara taplin
18 Month Maternity Leave with this beautiful family
Photo by Sara Taplin
So now what??

     With the change in Canada's maternity leave options I asked for an 18-month leave from my position; which was accepted! Not only does this allow me to spend more time with our young family but it allows me to return to work September 2019 without having to worry about interrupting another educator's year by returning in the spring.

     I would like to spend this year connecting with other educators, reflecting on the knowledge gained during my M.Ed journey, and streamlining some of my plans for when I return to the classroom. I hope there are still some readers out there in my "blogosphere"; I look forward to sharing with anyone who is still there!