Magnetic Border - Classroom Decor

OMG I just discovered the coolest thing!

If you have followed my blog for a while you know that I LOVE decorating and organizing my classroom. I really enjoy creating a space that feels inviting and comfortable while providing chances to showcase student work and my own personality. 
(You can revisit my classroom set-ups from 2013 & 2014).

Personally, I've always felt proud of my classroom because I feel like it differs greatly from some of the more traditional classrooms in the high school setting.

One thing that I completed both years was decorating my whiteboards that ran the length of one side of my classroom; including a notice/homework area.

ste rose school manitoba, ste rose school, high school classroom decor, how to decorate a high school classroom
Whiteboard area with blue border, SMART Board in the middle, and homework/notice area on the far right side.

ste rose school manitoba, ste rose school, high school classroom decor, how to decorate a high school classroom
Close-up view of our homework/notice area with teacher-copy of our Interactive Math Notebooks.
After a few failed attempts of attaching the border to the trim of the whiteboard with stickytack (the border was too heavy) and duct tape (left a residue and damaged the border) I ultimately went out and bought two-sided adhesive command strips.
This worked for a while but they eventually failed too and I was continually putting up sections of falling border. This wall is an exterior wall facing the north so it is extremely cold in the winter and I feel that that contributed to a lot of the issues I was having with adhesives.

All of this leads to why I was SO excited when I discovered that there is such thing as magnetic borders!!! 

I'm not sure why it didn't dawn on me earlier; this is a great invention!
They are available from a variety of different stores (just do a quick Google search) but one of my favourite classroom design blogs/stores is Schoolgirl Style.
(If you haven't checked out her classrooms before head over their right now and be prepared to be sucked down the rabbit hole!)

magnetic boards

I can't wait to purchase some sets for my classroom and decorate this summer!

_________________________________________________

How do you decorate/organize your whiteboard or chalkboard (does anyone still have a chalkboard?)?

Labels: