Resources To Start Off Your Week 86

     At the start of each week I post a list of Resources to Start Off Your Week with at least two new additions that I will add to my favourite websites page (when applicable, resources will also be added in to my Manitoba resources page). 

     I've been spending a lot of time in the past 2 weeks developing a blogging program for my students for next year (I posted briefly about it before). In this planning I've been creating different blogging prompts to provide direction for my students; one of which included creating a fake social media post from the perspective of a historical figure. 

     I like the idea of students creating social media posts because it requires them to acquire a historical perspective and put themselves in another person's shoes. You can use this idea easily in both the Social Studies and English classroom:

- character profiles
- historical figure profiles
- show relationships between different characters/people
- show responses to events
- you could use these as part of a larger assignment or simply have it as an exit/entrance slip to demonstrate understanding of a smaller concept

1 ) Fake Twitter Post
http://simitator.com/generator/twitter/tweet

social media in the classroom, fake twitter account, fake tweet generator, fake twitter generator, social media in the social studies classroom, using social media as a teaching method

2 ) Fake Facebook Post
http://simitator.com/generator/facebook/status
social media in the classroom, fake facebook account, fake tweet generator, fake facebook generator, social media in the social studies classroom, using social media as a teaching method

3 ) Fake Snapchat Post
- http://snapsr.com/

social media in the classroom, fake snapchat account, fake snapchat generator, fake snap generator, social media in the social studies classroom, using social media as a teaching method

4 ) Fake iPhone Message Post
http://www.ios7text.com/ 

social media in the classroom, fake iphone message account, fake text generator, fake imessage generator, social media in the social studies classroom, using social media as a teaching method

I'm still looking for a good place to create fake Instagram posts. If you know of one please let me know!

Have a good week

Labels: ,