What Teachers Make - Reflective Blogging Part 4

   This post is part of the Reflective Teaching Blogging Challenghosted by Terry at Te@ch Thought. While the original challenge is a year-old already I thought it would be the perfect thing to keep me on track over the next little while.

DAY 4 - Respond: What do you love the most about teaching?

     This is something that is hard for me to accurately put into words because there isn't just one singular aspect of teaching that I love the most. In fact, there isn't even a handful of aspects that I love the most. Teaching is one of those professions that triggers every single one of your emotions (sometimes all in the matter of a single class); the good, the bad, the amazing, and the absolutely heartbreaking...

     Teaching is something that you put your entire heart into and, for me, it isn't something that you can narrow down into a set of "likes" and "dislikes". I do know that I have been away from my job for six working days and I have been in to visit and support my students twice: last week at our football home opener and today to co-supervise our student council. So while I can't effectively put my feelings about teaching into words, I wanted to share one of my favourite videos about teaching that I think does a pretty good job...

What Teachers Make Final Moviebk2 001. (2009). Uploaded to YouTube by Kelly Gleason. Available online at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuBmSbiVXo0      

Labels: , ,