Today I spent my first day out of the classroom attending the annual planning meeting for ManACE (Manitoba Association for Computing Educators).
Being that I am almost 4 hours out of the city I don't get to attend many meetings in person so it was awesome to catch-up with those that I only see once or twice a year! Furthermore, we are welcoming four new members to our board so I am adding new contacts to my circle :)
Here are some of the awesome things you want to know about!
1 ) SAGE Sessions
- ManACE is the only SAGE group to offer PD opportunities
across the province rather than centralized in Winnipeg or
Brandon! In fact, this year we are offering sessions in:
- Decker Colony School
- Swan River
- Portage la Prairie
- Check out the any of the 17 session descriptions here or
register for a session here
2 ) SEED Grants
- Every year ManACE offers up eight grants of $900 to promote
ICT Literacy in Manitoba schools. These grants can go towards
hardware, software, professional development, etc and are
available for early years, middle years, senior years, and admin
- This year's SEED Grant applications will be available in November!
- Check out our webpage to read over information from last year
to get you thinking!
3 ) How to FOLLOW Us
- Website www.manace.ca
- Instagram @manacemb
- Twitter @manace_manitoba