1 ) Ecosystem Labeling
- This interactive, from the University of Alberta, allows students to
explore a virtual ecosystem and answer questions about biotic &
abiotic components, mimicry, producers, consumers, parasites,
mutualism and commensalism.
- This is a really good activity to do on the SMART board for
students to practice vocabulary and understanding of ecosystems.
2 ) Cell Size & Scale
- This interesting visual allows students to see the size relationship between
certain cells and other everyday objects like sesame seeds and grains of
- By sliding the bar at the bottom of the screen, users can move between
large and small objects to see the comparisons. This can be really helpful
for students to actually visualize just how small cells are.
3 ) Colour in Motion
- This interactive showcases colour in many different ways. It allows
students to explor colour in regards to sybolism, complimentary
colours, and what it can mean in different cultures.
- In addition to textual information, different colours also have
animated videos explaining their characteristics which is perfect
for our different types of learners!
- Students can even use the "Colour Lab" to direct their own movies
about the colour!
*This website does take a little bit to load, so be patient!
Happy Monday everyone!