Symbaloo Love!

     My current task on the to-do list has been putting together my classroom website. One of the pages that I am including, no surprise here, features Online Resources! I've spent almost two years curating online resources through my Resources To Start Off Your Week posts but have really been having a love-hate relationship lately in regards to how they are organized. While I really like completing the annotated bibliography, it seems like the page is getting a bit unmanageable with all of the scrolling involved.

     I really wanted to create something easy and streamlined for my students so I turned to Symbaloo, which coincidentally I found while working on a Resources To Start Off Your Week post over a year ago. Here is the posting I created for it originally:
Symbaloo
- A website used to create a personal internet desktop.
- Teachers can use this to aesthetically organize and display their classes'
  most-used websites and "widgets". These can be anything from
  subject-specific tools and search engines, to email access and social media.
http://www.symbaloo.com/

     I quickly went to work creating subject-specific interfaces that I could easily embed into my classroom website. I love the fact that Symbaloo allows your links to be aesthetically displayed with bright colours and cute little clip-art images. Check out the awesome Symballoos I created for my Science & Math students!




     Unfortunately, the way my blog is formatted doesn't allow the entire Symbaloo to fit properly... so I apologize for the difficulty. They do, however, fit perfectly on my classroom website and I couldn't be happier!

Labels: ,