Classroom *Before* Pictures

     If you follow me on Twitter you know that yesterday was a super exciting day for me as I received my keys and could get into my classroom for the very first time! Now this classroom wasn't completely new to me as I completed my last two student teaching placements at "S-School" and had been in that classroom multiple times. In fact, the teacher that was in this room before helped me out TREMENDOUSLY in regards to planning resources and support! 
Got my classroom keys! So excited :)
     This was the first time, however, that I was in the classroom now that it was officially mine and it was a really crazy, overwhelming, exciting feeling! There is 41 days until new teacher orientation and 49 days until students return to school so I still have time to get everything organized, refreshed, and looking the way I want it. I will probably be working on my classroom sporadically until school starts but I wanted to share some *before* pictures for the time being.
Panoramic view of my 1st official classroom!
Front of the classroom, SMART board centered in-between 2 white boards.
Back of the classroom, bulletin board.
The furniture is not mine, it belongs to the teacher next door
whose classroom floors are getting re-done.
Exterior wall, thinking of some super cute & colourful curtains to
liven up the place!

Interior wall, these resources came with the room so I need to
spend some time sorting & organizing!
     I am still waiting on some supply orders to come in through our main office (posters, bulletin board decor, miscellaneous supplies, etc) so in the mean time I have already decided on my first two projects. The first BIG project is tackling that monster of a bookcase that you see in the last picture. While I LOVE the organizational space, the bookshelf is currently in front of an entire wall of bulletin boards and is all screwed together as ONE gigantic piece of furniture. It is my hopes to have my husband come in, dismantle it, and help me move the separate pieces around the classroom. I would also like to paint it our school colours since beige is a bit boring for me. 

     The second project is installing colourful curtains on the exterior wall windows. As per our school's lock-down policy, we must be able to block out our windows so that someone outside is unable to see into our classroom. While the windows currently have built-in blinds in-between the panes of glass, they are difficult to use, somewhat damaged, and not very pretty. I like the idea of installing colourful (and cheap!) curtains along the wall to meet our lock-down policy requirements while adding colour to the classroom.

     I will continue to update once these projects get underway! I'd also love your feedback in regards to helpful projects, colour options, theme suggestions, etc. Let me know what you think!

Labels: ,