1 ) Flashback Firsts - 125th Anniversary of National Geographic
- To celebrate their 125th Anniversary, National Geographic has put out
several new features on their online database; one of which is the Flashback
Firsts gallery. This interactive image gallery features images from events
that were the first of their kind like the 1909 Arctic Expedition, Manchu Pichu,
- There is an information icon in the bottom right hand side that can be clicked
on for more information on each of the images.
- This gallery could provide some interesting pictures that can be used in activating
strategies or could be used as an example for students to create similar galleries
about "firsts" in their lives!
2 ) Middle School Chemisty
- This is a great resource for teachers who are teaching science! Here is the
description from the site, "What happens when solids, liquids, and gases are
heated and cooled? Why is one substance more or less dense than another?
What causes certain substances to dissolved in water? What happens when a
chemical reaction takes place? These questions and many more are explored
in Middle School Chemistry, a resource of guided, inquiry-based lesson plans
that covers basic chemistry concepts along with the process of scientific
- In addition to accessing all the lesson plans online, teachers can also download
the entire 691 page Teacher's Guide book, access multimedia videos and
demonstrations for each chapter, and get detailed materials lists for organizational
- A BIG thanks to Mrs. Brown at The Science Life for letting me know about
this great resource :)
Happy Louis Riel Day everyone!