1 ) Urlist
- Have you ever wanted to use webquests/internet scavenger hunts in your
classroom but never had an easy way to put them together? Urlist is your
answer! Users can create a list of links, add descriptions of the website
and add instructions of what you would like your students to find out while
they are at the website.
- Urlist is extremely easy to use and each list has its personal URL which
allows you to share the link easily with your class. Lists can also be
created collaboratively and shared with anyone so you can find resources
that you might not even know about!
- Very user friendly!
2 ) Pin-a-Tale: Literary Map of Britain
- This interactive map showcases places within Britain that have influenced
famous literary works over the past 1,000 years. Users can select the location
to learn more about what piece of literature it is associated with, the author, how
the location has changed over time, etc.
- This could be a great website to use when completing certain novel studies or you
could use it as a model and have your students create their own map! Think of the
map you could have by the end of the year/term if you plotted the location from
every novel, short story, poem, etc that you cover over the course of a year!
* This is a collaborative project and some locations have more information than
3 ) Tree Planet
- Tree Planet is a cute online game that assists the environment
while teaching about environmental sustainability. The way it works is
simple: you play the game and the company does something good for
the environment (planting trees). Users plant trees, fertilize the soil and
protect the tree from dangers such as loggers.
- This game could be a neat activity to include when teaching about
environmental sustainability and/or community activism. It could also
be used as a model to create a similar project at a school or community
4 ) Money Metropolis & Other Practical Money Games
- This website allows students to play a game that requires them to pick
savings goals, complete tasks to earn money and resist the temptation
to spend their money on things other than their goals!
- This is a great website for students to practice math skills and life skills
in a setting that mimics situations they will actually experience in everyday
life! There are a total of 8 different games that can meet the needs of all
of your students!
* The music on this website is VERY loud, turn down your volume beforehand!
Monday Thanksgiving everyone!