As always, I will be adding these to my lists of resources under the Fav Websites heading.
1 ) 50 Indispensable Edtech Tools for 2012
- Online Degrees has put together a very clear list of 50 edtech tools that they believe
will be the perfect addition to your classroom this year! Most of these I have heard
of or used myself but there are a few new ones that I will definitely be checking out
- Resources are divided into categories such as "social learning", "lesson planning",
2 ) Science Niblets: The Science Behind Everyday Topics
- This blog features short easy-to-understand articles about the science
that influences our everyday lives. With an educational focus in mind this
blog has some great ideas about how to incorporate science into your
classroom more often and make it enjoyable for students.
- You can use their short articles as activation strategies or use them as a
main focus for your lesson! They also have several great links for further
3 ) Inside Jobs
- Inside jobs is a great student-friendly website to teach your students about
different careers. Students can look up information such as average wage scales,
what education they need, job demand, best schools for this career, and so
- Students can search specific jobs, take quizzes to determine what kind of job
might suit them or search jobs by their personality traits such as "Best jobs for
- This website has SO much information in one place for students and is quick
and easy to access.
4 ) All Sides
- I am very excited about this website that shares news stories from three
different perspectives: the left, the center and the right. It is so interesting to read
the different opinions on the same story!
- In Social Studies we always talk about the danger of the "hidden curriculum"
where we may only be teaching one side of the story. This could be a great
website to share in the classroom to discuss how different people interpret events
Happy Monday everyone!