Last Day of Work :(

     Today was my last day of work at my summer job with Children's disABILITY Services. It seems literally last week that I first posted about STARTING work and now it is already over. I have been with this job for four summers now and love every minute of it.

     This summer I ended up working with eight children ranging in age from 9 to 17 years old that I saw twice a week for two-three hour visits. I grow very attached to the children I work with and by the end of the summer they feel like family! Some I have even had the privilege of working with for three or four summers, which is very special for me.

     Every summer I am saddened to have to leave my job as school starts up again and our program shuts down for the year. I would be lying if I said I hadn't shed a few tears in my car as I drive away. I am excited though for the upcoming school year and my LAST year of university before I become a certified teacher. Thanks to all my families who made this summer so much fun!

Labels: